Quinoa Salad and Lentil Patties
Inspiration come from so many places and great people… it’s contagious. I’ve been wanting to prepare some lentil patties for a while. Inspired by Lea Michele, an actress from the TV show Glee, and author of the book Brunette Ambition where she has a wonderful Lentil Burger, I started my cooking journey. I added my twist and enjoyed it with a delicious quinoa salad.
1. Cooked the lentils for 45 minutes
2. Sauté in 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil carrots, celery, garlic, onion and mushrooms 3. Add the lentils and the sauteed veggies into the blender 4. Add 1/2 cup breadcrumbs and blend altogether
5. You will have a paste like mixture 6. Place the mixture on parchment paper or cover the pan with cooking spray and place in the oven 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Remember to check since not all ovens are the same. Wait until the patty is crispy on the outside. Quinoa Salad:
1. Cooked quinoa as directed in package
2. Add Roma tomatoes
3. Add cilantro
4. Sprinkle of salt
5. Drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
6. Mix and enjoy
Try this recipe this week and share your thought here… can’t wait to hear from you.