If you are stuck cooking the same meals every day and need some variety in your plate this quinoa dish will spice up your plate and palate. I had such a craving for grilled pineapple and was thinking how I could add it to my meal. I enjoy grilled pineapple usually during BBQs. I grill lots of veggies with pineapples in aluminum foil. With no time for BBQ… I started looking at great cookbooks and gathering ideas. I decided for the quinoa salad type of meal. Grilling the pineapple brings out the natural juices of this delicious fruit and intensifies its flavor. As a grilled the pineapple I could notice how the natural sugar of the fruit was carmelized creating the golden brown color and the grill marks that remind me of summer and family outdoor gatherings.
- 1 package of Quinoa
- 1 Pineapple sliced
- 1 Eggplant sliced
- Handful of Baby carrots
- Drizzle of Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Instant vegetable broth seasoning
- Cook your quinoa as directed on the package. You can cook it with vegetable stock for flavor or with water as I did and add some instant vegetable broth seasoning
- Grill the pineapple sliced
- Bake the eggplant and baby carrots in the oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- I then grilled the eggplant for a few minutes
- Cut the pineapple, eggplant and carrots and add to the quinoa
- Drizzle olive oil on the quinoa with vegetables and fruit and sprinkle salt to taste
- Enjoy with avocado