Pizza loaded with veggies is my kind of pizza. This recipe I learned from my brother. He would treat us to this deliciousness when he invited us over for Sabbath lunch. It is light because the veggies are loaded on top of a millet flat bread. Get creative and use what you have in your refrigerator, the veggies you like best or what is in season. I couldn’t stop with the pizza, I had to have some dessert of course. Made a yummy fruity sorbet and served it in orange cups. Check out these simple recipes.
- 1sliced millet flat bread
- Handful chopped broccoli
- Handful chopped onions
- Handful chopped green peppers
- Handful chopped mushrooms
- Handful Sliced cherry tomatoes
- Handful Black Olives (I used green olives since I did not have black olives)
- ½ cup Tomato/pizza sauce
- Handful Mozzarella cheese or vegan substitute
- You may use the amounts and portions you prefer of the ingredients depending on your taste.
- Slice the millet flat bread
- Take each slice and spread the sauce on top
- Sprinkle cheese on top
- Add veggies
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- 4 oranges
- ½ cup almond milk
- Frozen fruits (strawberries, peaches, pineapple)
- Fresh pineapple
- Fresh strawberries
- Fresh blueberries
- 1 banana
- Take out all the pulp of the oranges and clean the peel to use as a cup. You may add the orange pulp and juice into the smoothie. I did not add the oranges because we had already had them in freshly squeezed orange juice.
- In a blender add the milk, frozen fruits and fresh fruits. I used a handful of each fruit. If you do not have frozen fruit you may use ice to thicken the mix. If you add too much liquid (milk) it will be a smoothie and not a sorbet.
- Scoop the fruity mix and place in the orange cups.
- Garnish with fresh berries or other fruits
- Get a spoon and dig into this cup o’sorbet