Outside of the box is good! That is what I did this weekend, I prepared a new quinoa dish for my family, and I took the quinoa out of the box… This meal was of firsts, first time I tried red quinoa and it is delicious, plus I enjoy looking at vibrant colors on my plate, and also the first time I stuffed tomatoes. This delicious and nutritious recipe was fun and easy to prepare, and my guests loved it.
- Red quinoa
- Vegetable broth
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 4 tomatoes
- sliced almonds
- Prepare the red quinoa following the instructions on the package. I used vegetable broth instead of water.
- Cut the top of each tomato and scoop out the interior. Let it drain.
- Chop spinach, and pineapple.
- Sautee the spinach on a tablespoon of olive oil and a little salt, add the sliced almonds and pineapple.
- After the spinach is soft add the prepared quinoa.
- Place tomato on a pan add some salt inside.
- Scoop some of the quinoa mixture and place inside each tomato.
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees, place tomatoes in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Baking time will vary depending on the oven and how ripeness of tomatoes.
Try this recipe and add your favorite ingredients to the quinoa. You might want to stuff peppers instead. Be creative in the kitchen!!